Subject: Re: I hate garcia.com!
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 1996 08:43:28 -0500

On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, Robert Cohen wrote:

> Nobody has even suggested that VTU take over the list, now that they are up
> and running in Cyberspace...  This could be a huge boost for them as well...

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately (haven't had much of a choice)
and I don't think it would be a good idea for this list to run by any one 
organization or company.  If NewTek or Avid Media were to take control of 
these lists, it could open up the possibility of messages being censored 
in some way....I'm not saying that either of these companies would do 
such a thing, but there might be a conflict of interests there.

At this point, I've got 2 or 3 good leads for new mail servers and I'm 
also looking into the possibility of moving the lists back to webcom, 
although that option would significantly increase my workload for running 
these lists.

Whatever happens, I'm going to try very hard not to make the same mistake 
I made when moving to garcia...I want to make sure that the new mailing 
list server is RELIABLE!

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner